Leaving a Mark…
- 120 full-color pages of Scripture, stories, and photography by Jeremy Cowart
- 21 photos & stories of people who made & are still making a mark
- Scripture text of the Gospel of Mark [NIV]
The stories told in the text highlight the following:
- Introducing the people who made a mark
- Describing the mark that each person made
- Explaining the reason for such a mark on society
- Scripture(s) that emphasizes how Jesus made His mark
- Example Question: “How are you making a similar mark on society because of God working in your life?”
Each story told is full of passion, devotion, humility, servanthood, leadership & joy. As you read each story, you’ll see why & how each person has made a mark & continues to do so. The reason being: the Gospel. When Jesus Christ comes into a person’s heart & makes a dead person alive & new – there is a mark left on that person. That mark is a message that needs to be told to all people & Christ gives us the grace to be sent out as mark-makers in & on the world around us.
The purpose of this text seems to be as a tool of inspiration & encouragement. Bible teachers would find this resource helpful in illustrations & story-telling.
Children would find this book helpful in admiration of lives lived for others. The numerous pages of photography also help the reader put a name with a face and see who made the mark.
The book is a brief paperback & might not hold up well over time, depending on the use & care of the book binding.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.